The title of the blog I followed was World of Psychology http://psychcentral.com/blog/.
The authors were a group of people, some authors only posted once others posted multiple times. The authors do have biases, many of them wrote off of their previous experiences addressing issues that they have encountered. This is a professional style blog but the entries are more informal.
This is a general psychology blog. The content is both informative and sometimes entertaining. The blog was updated a few times a week sometimes more sometimes less. Most of the content was original. There was only a couple of entries that provided links to more information.
The site that the blog was on was created in 1992, but i could not find a date that the blog was started. In searching the archives I found some interesting things about facebook and twitter.
I had trouble identifying different links. It is obvious that this blog is not for professionals but for amateurs interested in psychology or someone who is taking psychology courses. There were not a lot of sites that linked to this blog mainly because the blog name is also the title of a book so when I did a search the book is what came up.
The blog does use comments. I do not think the screen the comments first because every once in a while I ran across comments that either did not make sense or were very insensitive. On some of the posts there are quite a few comments and if the comments is directed to the author then the author would respond. Some of the same people would comment on different entries but it did not happen that often. I think for the most part the community are people who are living with or are interested in mental illnesses. Many people were commenting on their own experiences.
I think that the visual design supports the blogs purpose, I just wish there was an easier way to navigate the page. I had trouble answering some of these questions for the assignment because I was not sure how to go about finding the answer. I could not find a way to search past entries I just had to keep going back to previous pages which takes a while when there are a few posts a week. I liked the visual aspect of it but the navigation could use some work.
I wold rank this site about a 4. I found very useful information here and even stories of people that entertained me. The only issue is that I had trouble keeping up with the posts just because they are fairly long and I usually did not read the entire thing unless the topic really interested me.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Blog Analysis Assignment
Posted by Kendra at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment