After reading the Copyright Basics I have decided that it is almost impossible to live without causing some type of copyright infringement. I think that the rules were set in place for a reason, but they do not really fit society. We all know that plagiarism is bad. We all know we should not claim someone else’s work as our own, but the line between right and wrong starts to blur when we get on the topic of music. It seems as if music has different rules, even though legally it doesn’t. Who has not used one of the many available file sharing programs? I know I am guilty along with my mom, sister, and grandmother. File sharing is illegal, I think we all know that, but is it illegal to let someone borrow a CD of yours. Is it ok if they don’t make a copy of it or is it still illegal? I think it is impossible to only allow the person who paid for the music to use or listen to it. I don’t know how many times I have let friends listen to my CD while they are in my car. Where should we draw the line?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment