I read an article about Amazon's kindle and how Amazon has too much control over the device. The article talked about how Amazon has actually deleted books from the database, causing them to be removed from all kindles that had purchased the book. Amazon claims that the reason they were deleted was because they were bootlegged copies and they said they returned money to everyone who had purchased the book. This has not only happened with kindle but also with the Apple iphone. Apple has the right to remove any app at any time for any reason, so when your iphone updates apps will automatically be removed if Apple has deleted them. The issue here is if we all go digital and paper becomes obsolete like we all say it will some day. What will happen when a book is deleted? When books were banned they could not remove every copy so that when the ban was eventually lifted the book still existed for us to read. Now with this digital world is a book is deleted it will be gone forever and will not be recovered. I do not think that any company should have the right to delete anything off of your device. I understand that it may be a bootlegged copy but if I purchased it you should not have the right to remove it.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment